• Did you know? Each time you purchase bags, they are likely to go straight into a waste bin and on to a landfill?
Tip: Take your own reusable shopping bags with you when shopping.
• Did you know? Buying imported goods increases your carbon footprint?
Tip: Always buy locally produced, in-season goods.
• Did you know? A single tree absorbs one tonne of carbon dioxide over its lifetime?
Tip: Plant indigenous trees as they use less water.
• Did you know: 93% of waste is disposed in landfill sites?
Tip: Separate your waste at home and work in order to reduce, reuse and recycle.
• Did you know? An average bath uses about 160 litres of water, whereas a 5 minute shower it only uses about 60 litres.
Tip: Shower using low-flow shower heads instead of bathing.
• Turn off your lights in unused rooms
• Replace the traditional incandescent light bulbs with energy-efficient compact fluorescent lamps.
• Unplug appliances that are not in use — don’t leave them on stand-by mode